Two Story House Destroyed by Early Morning Fire, One Person Injured← Back


For Immediate Release

March 8, 2015

Date of Incident: March 8, 2015

Two Story House Destroyed by Early Morning Fire, One Person Injured

Slidell, LA. – St. Tammany Fire District #1 responded to the report of a residential structure fire at 37438 Brownsvillage Rd. in Slidell.  Firefighters arrived on the scene in less than five minutes to find a 2000 square foot two story home with heavy flames and smoke coming from the residence.  They were able to bring the situation under control and extinguish the fire within 37 minutes of arriving on the scene.

One of the occupants was awakened by the smell of smoke and noticed his bed was on fire.  He was able to escape unharmed and alerted the other occupants.  All occupants were able to escape the home and called 911 from a cell phone.  One of the occupants suffered minor injuries and was transported to Slidell Memorial Hospital.  The house suffered heavy fire damage and all of the contents were destroyed by the fire.  The American Red Cross was notified to provide assistance to the family.  The cause of the fire was a space heater located too close to combustibles.  One injury was reported.

St. Tammany Fire District #1 would like to remind our citizens that when using a space heater it is important to maintain a safe distance of at least three feet and follow all of the manufacturer’s recommendations.  Be sure to regularly inspect and test your smoke detectors.

1st alarm: 04:42:33

On Scene: 04:47:02

Under Control: 05:24:38

Units: 12

Firefighters: 22

Injuries: 1

Cause: Space Heater too close to combustibles

For more information about St. Tammany Fire Protection District #1 visit us at www.slidellfire.org or follow us on Facebook - St. Tammany Fire District #1 and Twitter - @SlidellFire_PIO

Chad Duffaut

Chief of Fire Prevention/PIO

cduffaut@slidellfire.org

Cell:  (985) 960-0976

Home | About Us | Public Awareness | Divisions | Local Information | Photo Album | News | Contact
┬ęCopyright 2015 St. Tammany Fire Protection District 1