Firefighters Battle Overnight Fire← Back


For Immediate Release

January 15, 2015

Date of Incident: January 15, 2015

Firefighters Battle Overnight Fire

Slidell, LA. – St. Tammany Fire District #1 responded to the report of a residential structure fire at 222 Sunset Dr. in Slidell.  Firefighters arrived on the scene in under ten minutes to find a 1600 square foot double wide mobile home with heavy smoke coming from the residence.  They were able to bring the situation under control and extinguish the fire within 11 minutes of arriving on the scene.

The owner lit a candle in the kitchen and left the room.  A short time later, the owner smelled smoke and discovered the fire.  He was able to safely evacuate the residence, along with his dog, and called 911 from his cell phone.  The kitchen was heavily damaged by the fire.  The remainder of the home suffered moderate heat and smoke damage.  The cause of the fire was an unattended lit candle.  No injuries were reported.

1st alarm: 01:32:38

On Scene: 01:42:32

Under Control: 01:54:05

Units: 11

Firefighters: 21

Injuries: 0

Cause: Lit Candle

 

For more information about St. Tammany Fire Protection District #1 visit us at www.slidellfire.org or follow us on Facebook - St. Tammany Fire District #1 and Twitter - @SlidellFire_PIO

 

Chad Duffaut

Chief of Fire Prevention/PIO

cduffaut@slidellfire.org

Cell:  (985) 960-0976

Home | About Us | Public Awareness | Divisions | Local Information | Photo Album | News | Contact
┬ęCopyright 2015 St. Tammany Fire Protection District 1