FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Kitchen Fire← Back


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 25, 2013
Date of incident: August 25, 2013

Kitchen Fire Quickly Extinguished By Neighbor

Slidell, LA.-St. Tammany Fire District#1 responded to a commercial structure fire
at 4620 Pontchartrain Dr. in Slidell.  Firefighters arrived on the scene in a
little over 5 minutes to find light smoke showing from a 5000 square foot apartment
building.   One building with five units in the Paradise Cove Apartments had smoke
coming from the front door of the apartment.  Firefighters set up smoke ejectors
to blow the smoke out of the apartment and brought the scene under control within
5 minutes of arriving on the scene.

The tenant of the apartment was not home at the time of the fire.  Tenants in the
adjacent apartments were alerted by the sound of smoke detectors going off in the
apartment.  A tenant from an adjacent apartment used a fire extinguisher to put
out the fire.  The 1000 square foot apartment received minor fire and smoke damage
to the kitchen.  The blaze was caused by a frying pan that was left unattended on
the stove.  No injuries were reported.

1st alarm: 17:09:24
On scene: 17:14:31
Under Control: 17:21:26
Units: 5
Firefighters: 12
Injuries: 0
Cause: Cooking Fire


For more information about St. Tammany Fire Protection District #1 visit us at
www.slidellfire.org or follow us on Facebook - St. Tammany Fire District #1 and
Twitter - @SlidellFire_PIO

Chad Duffaut
Chief of Fire Prevention/PIO
cduffaut@slidellfire.org
Cell:  (985) 960-0976
Home | About Us | Public Awareness | Divisions | Local Information | Photo Album | News | Contact
┬ęCopyright 2015 St. Tammany Fire Protection District 1