FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Residential Structure Fire← Back


For Immediate Release
June 17, 2013
Date of Incident: June 15, 2003

Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Kitchen Blaze

Slidell, LA. - St. Tammany Fire District #1 responded to a residential structure
fire at 1074 Belvedere Dr. in Slidell.  Firefighters arrived on the scene in a
little over 4 minutes to find heavy smoke showing from a 2300 square foot single
story residence.   Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire and bring the
situation under control within 15 minutes of arriving on the scene.

The homeowner was heating up a pan of oil and was in another room when he saw
smoke coming from the kitchen.  He discovered the fire on the stove and attempted
to extinguish it before safely evacuating the home and calling 911.  The residence
received moderate fire damage to the kitchen and light smoke damage throughout the
rest of the home.  The blaze was caused by a frying pan that was left unattended
on the stove.  No injuries were reported.


1st alarm: 16:44:24
On scene: 16:48:31
Under Control: 17:05:01
Units: 9
Firefighters: 17
Injuries: 0
Cause: Cooking fire


For more information about St. Tammany Fire Protection District #1 visit us at
www.slidellfire.org or follow us on Facebook - St. Tammany Fire District #1 and
Twitter - @SlidellFire_PIO

Chad Duffaut
Chief of Fire Prevention/PIO
cduffaut@slidellfire.org
Cell:  (985) 960-0976
Home | About Us | Public Awareness | Divisions | Local Information | Photo Album | News | Contact
┬ęCopyright 2015 St. Tammany Fire Protection District 1