FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Residential Structure Fire - 8th St← Back


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 28, 2013

Date of Incident February 28, 2013

Early Morning Fire Destroys Mobile Home

Slidell, LA.-St. Tammany Fire District #1 responded to a residential
structure fire at 2780 8th St. in Slidell.  Firefighters arrived on the
scene within 3 minutes and 43 seconds to find heavy smoke and flames
showing from a 900 square foot mobile home.  Firefighters made an
aggressive interior attack and were able to extinguish the fire within
13 minutes of arriving on the scene.

The homeowner was lying down in his bedroom watching television when he
saw smoke and discovered a fire in the kitchen on the stove.  The homeowner
was able to safely evacuate the home. He was later evaluated by paramedics
with Acadian Ambulance Service. The fire completely destroyed the interior
of the home and is a total loss.  The blaze was caused by a pot of grease
that was left on the stove.  The Red Cross was contacted to provide
assistance to the owner.  No injuries were reported.


1st alarm: 07:56:28
On scene: 08:00:11
Under Control: 08:13:17
Units: 11
Firefighters: 19   
Injuries: 0
Cause: Cooking fire


For more information about St. Tammany Fire Protection District #1 visit us
at www.slidellfire.org or follow us on Facebook - St. Tammany Fire District #1
and Twitter - @SlidellFire_PIO

Chad Duffaut
Chief of Fire Prevention/PIO
cduffaut@slidellfire.org
Cell:  (985) 960-0976
Home | About Us | Public Awareness | Divisions | Local Information | Photo Album | News | Contact
┬ęCopyright 2015 St. Tammany Fire Protection District 1