FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - House Fire← Back


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 13, 2013

Date of incident: May 11, 2013

Firefighters Extinguish Late Night House Fire, Rescue Pets

Slidell, LA. - St. Tammany Fire District #1 responded to a residential
structure fire at 311 Clearwood Dr. in Slidell.   Firefighters arrived
on the scene in a little over 3 minutes to find smoke and flames showing
from an 1800 square foot single story residence.  Firefighters were able
to extinguish the fire within 29 minutes of arriving on the scene.

The owner was laying down when she saw smoke coming from a bathroom.  She
attempted to extinguish the fire but had to quickly evacuate the residence
along with three of her seven dogs.  The owner ran across the street to a
neighbor’s house, who then called 911.  Firefighters rescued three other
dogs and two cats from the residence. A cat and a dog perished in the fire. 

The fire appears to have started in a bathroom.  There was heavy fire damage
to a bathroom and an adjacent bedroom.  The rest of the home had moderate
smoke damage.  The cause of the fire appears to have been started by ashes
from a cigarette.  No injuries were reported.

1st alarm: 22:10:41
On scene: 22:14:03
Under Control: 22:39:46
Units: 9
Firefighters: 17
Injuries: 0
Cause: Cigarette Ashes


For more information about St. Tammany Fire Protection District #1 visit us
at www.slidellfire.org or follow us on Facebook - St. Tammany Fire District #1
and Twitter - @SlidellFire_PIO

Chad Duffaut
Chief of Fire Prevention/PIO
cduffaut@slidellfire.org
Cell:  (985) 960-0976
Home | About Us | Public Awareness | Divisions | Local Information | Photo Album | News | Contact
┬ęCopyright 2015 St. Tammany Fire Protection District 1