FD1 Facilities Designated LA Wellspots← Back
Well-Ahead Louisiana is an initiative started by the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals aimed at improving health and wellness of Louisiana citizens. Well-Ahead promotes and recognizes smart choices in the spaces and places we live and work every day that make it easier for us all to live healthier lives, from going tobacco-free to ensuring healthy lunch options or supporting workplace fitness programs. Part of the Well-Ahead Louisiana campaign is to designate these environments as WellSpots.
A WellSpot is a workplace in Louisiana that has implemented voluntary, smart changes to make healthier living easer for Louisiana citizens. WellSpots have demonstrated to the Department of Health and Hospitals that they have met benchmarks to improve wellness outcomes. The best part is there are no fees to become a WellSpot!
All St. Tammany Fire Protection District No.1 facilites have been designated Louisiana WellSpots!
Benchmarks to becoming a WellSpot include:
- Establishing a comprehensive smoke-free policy
- Establishing a comprehensive tobacco-free policy
- Promotion of tobacco cessation programs
- Designation as a beasfeeding friendly workplace or champion
- Establishing a worksite wellness program
- Promotion of the 5-2-1-0 Let's Go! Healthy Workplaces message
- At least 50% of vending items or provided snack options meet the healthy vending guidelines
For more information visit: http://wellaheadla.com/About